Reports to: Office Manager
Location: District 4/Maywood
Classification: Grade 11/Full-time/Union
Division: Administrative Services Bureau
Deadline Date: July 23, 2019
Primary Functions: Provides administrative support for Assistant State’s Attorney’s assigned to the Maywood location.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Type subpoenas, motions, answers, pen letters, create case files and other correspondence as required
- Enter new and update case information in CRIMES database
- Prepare and type jury trial instructions
- Prepare disposition files for storage, enter into database and box disposition files for the Warehouse
- Run criminal background checks/run report in LEADS 2000, I-Clear and CRIMES database
- Utilize LEADS to conduct background checks for court proceedings and jury lists
- Distribute mail, copy and fax
- File all paperwork and disposition of case files
- Relieve receptionist as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Interacts regularly with Sate’s Attorney’s Office employees.
- Regular access to confidential information.
Qualifications: The candidate must have excellent communication skills both oral and written. The candidate must have excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task. The position requires proficiency in Microsoft Word applications, knowledge of CRIMES preferred. Typing speed of 50+wpm preferred.
Forward resume and cover letter to:
Director of Human Resources