Reports to: Office Manager
Location: 2650 S. California
Classification: Grade 18/Full-time (Union)
Department: Special Prosecutions Bureau
Deadline: March 15, 2019
Primary Function: Administrative Assistant to the Chief and Deputy Chief of the Special Prosecutions Bureau. Supervise and train all clerical staff within the Special Prosecutions unit at 26thStreet. Special Prosecution units include; Complex Homicide and Gang Unit; Professional Standards; Public Corruption and Financial Crimes Unit; Seniors and Persons with Disabilities and Consumer Fraud.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide direction with assigned work to clerical staff to ensure assigned tasks are completed.
- Ensure adequate effective clerical staff coverage, including reception coverage.
- Maintain timekeeping using CCTime for all support staff.
• Monitor performance and conduct discipline when necessary.
• Prepare and administer annual staff performance evaluations.
· Provide back-up assistance for all support staff in all units within Special Prosecutions.
· Prepare and maintain all reports, monthly and annually.
- Respond to outside inquiries. Receive and handle phone calls for the Bureau.
- Assist the Chief and Deputy Chief as needed; in preparation for trials, type correspondence, subpoenas, motions, orders, and enter data into the CRIMES system and CL Database.
- Provide administrative assistance to Complex Homicide as needed, correspondence, stats, etc.
- Maintain, update, and distribute the Bureau’s contact lists.
- Maintain databases, Consensual Overhear, Pen Register, Digital Analyzer, Pole Camera and Tower Dump, ESO’s and Tracking Device. Prepare a year-end report and send to Illinois State Police.
- Distribute caseload for Conceal & Carry to all unit staff. Prepare yearly stats for Conceal & Carry.
- Order supplies and arrange for any equipment repairs.
- Maintain conference room schedule.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Interacts regularly with State’s Attorney’s Office employees.
- Interacts with outside agencies and law enforcement agencies.
- Regular access to confidential information.
Qualifications: The candidate must have excellent communication skills both oral and written. Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task required. Proficiency in Microsoft Word applications, Clerks, and CRIMES required. Typing speed of 50+wpm preferred.
Please forward resume and cover letter to:
Director of Human Resources
69 W. Washington, 32nd fl
Chicago, Illinois 60602
Fax: (312) 603-9690