The Department of Data & Analytics of the Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office is seeking a Data Integration Analyst to work with personnel throughout the office and help design data systems and process that improve the capture, transfer, insight extraction, and operational implementation of information generated around the work of the Cook County State’s Attorney. They will also be tasked with looking for and implementing opportunities to increase public transparency around the work of the Cook County State’s Attorney.
Working Environment and Reporting Structure:
Data Integration Analyst will be responsible for interfacing with prosecutors, administration staff, and investigators throughout the office. Data Integration Analyst will report directly to the Chief Data Officer.
Data Integration Analysts will work with different bureaus and units across the office to understand day-to-day operations, current workflow, pain points, and information generation. They will then utilize an iterative approach towards innovation focused on reducing pain points, improving data collection, and making data more actionable throughout the office. DIAs will be managing multiple projects at once and meet with staff throughout the county while they develop an understanding of the different functions of the office. Solutions designed will likely require utilizing and customizing multiple technology tools, including developing PowerShell and SQL code. Initial solutions developed and deployed will need to be revisited and improved upon over time. DIAs will support internal data requests ranging from policy insights to staff management.
Beyond developing better internal systems around data, DIAs will also be responsible for helping develop and improve data sets and analysis for the public and as well as researchers who are working with the office. DIAs will spend part of their time providing technical training to individuals both within and outside of the office.
- Passion for social justice
- Organized with high attention to detail
- Experience with data management/analysis
- Creative problem solver with the ability to self-teach
- Solid understanding of multi-relational data structures
- Comfortable working in an iteration-based environment
- Ability to build relationships and trust across departments
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects concurrently
- An understanding of how to design a meaningful data visualization
- Self-starter, who is comfortable working both independently and with a team
- Familiarity with programming languages such as Python, PowerShell, R, SQL, STATA, VBA
- Able to manipulate large data (100,000+ rows) sets in Microsoft Excel, SQL, R, STATA, or something similar
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, specifically the ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Experience working with disenfranchised communities
- Experience building out and maintaining data pipelines/ETL jobs
- Proficiency with data visualization tools such as Power BI or Tableau
- High level of proficiency in programming particularly with PowerShell and SQL
- Experience developing workflow systems focused on capturing high-quality data
- An understanding of or experience with criminal law or the criminal justice systems
- STEM undergraduate/graduate degree or related coursework/educational experience
The Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of The Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office that applicants for employment are recruited, selected, and hired based on individual merit and ability, concerning the position to be filled and potential for promotions or transfers which may be expected to develop. Applicants are recruited, selected, and hired without discrimination because of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), genetic information, citizenship, military service, marital status, parental status, and disability. Furthermore, personnel procedures and practices with regard to training, transfer, compensation, demotion, layoff or termination are to be administered with due regard to job performance, experience, and qualification, but without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital or veteran/military status.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a resume and a cover at www.cookcountystatesattorney.org/dataintergrationanalyst.